Rangpur Zilla School
DescriptionRangpur Zila School (Rangpur District School) is a school located in Rangpur District, Bangladesh. It is one of the earliest schools established in Bengal.
The school was established in 1832 as Rangpur Zamindar School, by the local Zaminders or landlords. Nathial Smith, the district collector working for the British East India Company led government, also had a central role. The school was inaugurated by Lord William Bentinck, the erstwhile Governor General of Bengal. The Maharaja or Cooch Bihar donated funds for construction of the school building. Krishna Nath Ray joined as the first headmaster of the school.
The school was taken under the management of the Government of British India in 1857. It was affiliated with the Calcutta University. In 1862, it was renamed to Rangpur Zilla School.
The school building and other facilities were expanded between 1870 and 1874. Hostels for students, one each for Brahmins, scheduled caste Hindus, and Muslims, were constructed in 1914.
The school is known for the quality of education. For example, in 2004, it was 2nd among the top 10 schools in the Rajshahi Education Board in terms of results of the Secondary School Certificate Examination.
No bulletin added yet
No discussion added yet.
Rangpur Web Sponsor: Tutorial, Finance, Joomla, Google Adsense, Online money, YouTube, Wordpress, Template